Funding Evaluation Criteria
Many funding bodies specify the criteria against which an application will be judged. To ensure that you directly address these criteria, thoroughly familiarise yourself with them before you start writing your proposal.
If the funding body has not identified the evaluation criteria in the funding guidelines, contact the nominated officer to ascertain the evaluation criteria. Do not be reluctant to do this.
You may contact funders to seek such information. They will let you know what they are allowed to tell you and in what form this information can be provided to you and other potential applicants.
Funding bodies generally use the following criteria to assess funding applications:
- Is the application clear and concise?
- Does it:
- Address the urgency or scale of the identified problem?
- Respond to the identified problem or need?
- Propose an appropriate solution?
- Does it clearly demonstrate your organisation's capacity to undertake the proposed work including:
- Experience and skills of key personnel?
- Proposed project costs?
- Previous track record?
The following table details criteria that funding bodies may use to assess funding applications. It is not an exhausitive list. You are advised to carefully examine any evaluation criteria supplied by the funding body when developing your proposal and application.
Use this list to help you check your application against the funding application guidelines.
|Evaluation Criteria||Issues You Need to Address|
Is your application, clear, concise and easy to read?
|Does your application meet the funder's requirements?||
|Is your organisation's capacity to conduct the proposed work clearly outlined?||
|Is your organisation's track record clearly explained?||
|Are the project costs, appropriate, accurate and justified?||
Complete the activities below by entering text into the fields provided and/or completing the attached documents. If you download and complete an attached document, you will have to save this to your personal file.
You may also:
- Export these answers: You may export your answers to the activities to a word document without saving to Your Funding Portfolio. Responses can then be saved in your personal files
- Print this page: Users may print the page
- Save and continue to next step: Users may save their responses to a secure server before continuing to another section of the resource. Users may then export and print all their saved responses from Your Funding Portfolio
- Save progress: Users may save their responses as they work on the page.